英 [grəʊ] 美 [groʊ]
及物动词 种植; 增加; 扩大; 扩展
不及物动词 生长; 渐渐变得; 逐渐开始
1. grow up : 成熟, 成年, 发展;
2. grow out of : 产生于;
3. grow on : 引起...爱好;
4. grow into : vt. 成长为;
1. " wuxi will continue to grow and expand its business as a standalone research firm, " said wuxi spokesperson liu jing.
2. she expects the domestic business will grow further next year because it is still a very small part of the firm's total trade.
3. yang also expects the bank's personal consumer loan business to grow significantly during the coming five years.
4. tang forecast that the banking sector's net profits might grow more than 5 percent this year because of booming loan business.
5. both wang and xiao nan guo started to grow in terms of business operations and market competition skills.
6. the recruitment package may be part of a larger push by morgan stanley to grow its wealth management business.
7. boys need male teachers to learn how to act as responsible, intelligent adults when they grow up.
8. singapore's gross domestic product is forecast by the government to grow between 3 percent and 5 percent this year.
when people, animals, and plants grow, they increase in size and change physically over a period of time.
e.g. we stop growing at maturity.
if a plant or tree grows in a particular place, it is alive there.
e.g. the station had roses growing at each end of the platform.
if you grow a particular type of plant, you put seeds or young plants in the ground and look after them as they develop.
e.g. i always grow a few red onions...
e.g. lettuce was grown by the ancient romans.
when someone's hair grows, it gradually becomes longer. your nails also grow.
e.g. then the hair began to grow again and i felt terrific.
if someone grows their hair, or grows a beard or moustache, they stop cutting their hair or shaving so that their hair becomes longer. you can also grow your nails.
e.g. i'd better start growing my hair.
我最好开始留头发。 猜你喜欢： 1.英文daunt的汉语是什么意思 2.英文without的汉语是什么意思 3.英文bother的汉语是什么意思 4.英文learn的汉语是什么意思 5.英文publicly的汉语是什么意思 6.英文obvious的汉语是什么意思
英 [ˈkwaɪət] 美 [ˈkwaɪɪt]
形容词 清静的; 僻静的; 不起眼的; 不激动的
及物动词 减轻(病痛、疑虑、恐惧等); [法律]确定(产权等)
名词 宁静; 寂静
1. be quiet!
2. the sea was quiet before the storm struck.
1. she lay quiet.
someone or something that is quiet makes only a small amount of noise.
e.g. tania kept the children reasonably quiet and contented...
e.g. a quiet murmur passed through the classroom...
if a place is quiet, there is very little noise there.
e.g. she was received in a small, quiet office...
e.g. the street was unnaturally quiet.
if a place, situation, or time is quiet, there is no excitement, activity, or trouble.
e.g. ...a quiet rural backwater...
e.g. it is very quiet without him...
quiet is silence.
e.g. he called for quiet and announced that the next song was in our honor...
e.g. jeremy wants some peace and quiet before his big match.
1. bai juyi appears to be gentle and quiet, while in fact he is full of contradictions inside himself.
2. but in life, emotionally, is my biggest non-self-tolerance, i worried, i will ponder, i will not quiet...
3. i dosee but a quiet mind may live as contentedly there, and have as cheering thoughts, as in a palace.
4. their students did not learn to trade from a screaming mosh pit on the trading floor with wild hand signals, but rather in a quiet office with no televisions, computers and only a few phones.
5. prior to 1868, corning, new york is a quiet agricultural town.
6. and you'll love the fact that this generator's oversized muffler provides quiet operation.
7. i want a quiet room.
我想要一个安静的房间。 猜你感兴趣： 1.英文daunt的汉语是什么意思 2.英文ward的汉语是什么意思 3.英文end的汉语是什么意思 4.英文front的汉语是什么意思 5.英文wild的汉语是什么意思
英 [əˈpeɪs] 美 [əˈpes]
1. the hours and days speed apace.
2. darkness was coming on apace.
1. the talk about china's middle class among research institutes and experts has been growing as the country's economic advancement gallops apace.
2. every year since 2004, housing prices nationwide have climbed apace with china's growing economy.
3. work is continuing apace as the airport rapidly expands to become a transport hub and two more luxury hotel complexes will open soon.
4. the court ruling said the apace was not entitled to file the motion because it did not have direct links with the two bronze sculptures.
5. as china's stature on the world stage grows apace, the question is often asked - where are the chinese global brands?
6. the minister and his colleagues recently inspected 10 provinces and municipalities to make sure the crackdown was proceeding apace.
7. as the country's recovery continues apace, concerns over growth are swiftly shifting to worries about policy tightening.
1. in the next two years his affairs crumbled apace.
2. study and simulation of real-time detecting method for fundamental positive sequence, negative sequence and harmonic components based on apace vector.
3. to assure its accuracy must undertake calibrating according to formulary cycle, be in all-purpose when measuring error of indication of micrometer of internal diameter of the calibrating on chief instrument, what undertake above all is how to install clip to measure small head and measuring staff quickly, so that accurate adjust good null to undertake metrical the job with apace.
4. the business has been growing apace for the last year.
5. china's military build-up is also continuing apace.
中国的军备建设也在加紧进行。 猜你喜欢： 1.英文daunt的汉语是什么意思 2.英文club的汉语是什么意思 3.英文buddy的汉语是什么意思 4.英文cool的汉语是什么意思 5.英文base的汉语是什么意思
英 [ˈri:zn] 美 [ˈrizən]
名词 原因; 理由; 理性; 理智
及物/不及物动词 推理，思考; 争辩; 辩论; 向…解释
1. i reasoned him out of selling his house.
1. the reason for her absence was that she was ill.
2. there's a great deal of reason in his advice.
3. we have reason to believe that he was lying.
4. the reason she was ill was that she had eaten bad meat.
1. if we agree that consumers are rational spenders, we cannot see any reason for them to reject chinese goods across the board.
2. " poor business is also another reason why we moved out, " he says.
3. one reason is that india's domestic it services market is very small, providing limited business opportunity locally.
4. the main reason for the slow development of the service industry is the high business tax on this sector.
5. " that is the reason we donated books and some physical care equipments to them, " an employee from nestle china told china business weekly.
6. but for me, that's totally the wrong reason to invest.
7. another reason for the decreasing number of butterflies is that some illegal groups hunt rare butterfly species to smuggle them abroad for profit.
8. there is no reason to buy formal clothes if you will not wear it to work.
9. authorities said the reason for the move was " safety concerns over crowds buying newspapers ", but both readers and commentators questioned the decision.
the reason for something is a fact or situation which explains why it happens or what causes it to happen.
e.g. there is a reason for every important thing that happens...
e.g. who would have a reason to want to kill her?
if you say that you have reason to believe something or to have a particular emotion, you mean that you have evidence for your belief or there is a definite cause of your feeling.
e.g. they had reason to believe there could be trouble...
e.g. he had every reason to be upset...
the ability that people have to think and to make sensible judgments can be referred to as reason .
e.g. ...a conflict between emotion and reason...
e.g. mike is my voice of reason. he thinks logically and points out where i'm going wrong.
if you reason that something is true, you decide that it is true after thinking carefully about all the facts.
e.g. i reasoned that changing my diet would lower my cholesterol level...
e.g. 'listen,' i reasoned, 'it doesn't take a genius to figure out what adam's up to.'
“听着，”我分析道，“要弄清楚亚当想要干什么很容易。” 猜你喜欢： 1.英文cool的汉语是什么意思 2.英文doubt的汉语是什么意思 3.英文relieve的汉语是什么意思 4.英文define的汉语是什么意思 5.英文idea的汉语是什么意思